Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Miscellaneous

I don't have anything specific to post on, so I thought I'd share a few recent pictures. Havana and Haddon are still getting used to their new school routine. Haddon has a habit of creeping out of bed to see what's going on in the living room. Here he is zonked out in his bedroom doorway one evening last week...
Hudson went to the pediatrician for the first time last Monday. She thought he looked a bit jaundiced, so we spent four days traveling back and forth to the Children's Hospital for bilirubin checks and the pediatrician's office for weight checks. On day 3, we were given a phototherapy light to help break down the bilirubin. On day 4, the bilrubin test showed a drop by 4 points in the bilirubin level and we were able to stop the phototherapy. He didn't mind the lights the first day we got them and he looked so comfy in there-almost like he was in a mini tanning bed. The next day he had had it and would pull off the little glasses anytime we tried to put them on. Thankfully the test came back ok, because I refused to put him back in there again--or have his little heel pricked one more time! He did look so cute though...

Havana and Haddon have to wear their "dress" uniforms to school on Wednesdays. Havana is always beautiful and Haddon looked so handsome in his tie, I just couldn't resist more pictures! It is such a wonderful blessing that they are able to attend the Academy this year. I am so thrilled that they are in such a great school and have such wonderful teachers!

With the oldest two in school, Helene is now the oldest at home during the days. She is one proud big sister! She absolutely adores baby Hudson...


We took Grammy and G-dad to the Smokey Mountains to swim and go on the scenic drive. I was still on my quest to see a bear, but no such luck! Can you believe we missed seeing them by about 5 minutes...again?? We got caught up in a huge traffic jam and thought we were really going to see something. We have always seen does, and apparently the bucks are a lot harder to spot. It was just before sundown and there were at least a half dozen of them once we finally got through. They were beautiful! We probably saw over a dozen deer in total. The buck pictures were a little fuzzy, but here's another doe. I've always loved these animals...

In other news: I got my hair cut! I love it, and I should have done it a lot sooner instead of wearing it in a ponytail all summer long! Also, Harley registered for school today. He will be taking 4 classes this semester. Finally, it was brought to my attention that I never posted anything more about moving to WA after my first entry. We will be staying in TN for the time being, and I truly believe the Lord worked everything out the way He meant for it to be. I am content knowing that we are in His will. Well, that's a wrap for today. I'll post more soon. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great update! I didn't get to talk to you at the b-day party last Saturday, but I thought Havana looked so pretty in that color...love her 'do that way too (I think I've said that before???). I just thought she looked especially cute! :o)

ap

Stephanie Fowler said...

I'm so glad Hudson is here and well. Glad he's done with the lights. I enjoyed reading your posts. I haven't been on in a while so it was fun to get an update.

wilkersonhome said...

Kelly, We here in far away lands need a picture of you with your new hair cut. :) The pictures of your TBA students are great! Baby Hudson's phototherapy picture is sweet, as well, though I'm sure you're glad the treatment is over. :)