Saturday, May 17, 2008

Mother's Day, Kindergarten Graduation, and More!

I had a really nice Mother's Day! My secret sister had given me a gift card to Starbucks so on Sunday morning we had a special coffee after Sunday School on our way to the Retirement home. We also stopped at the store and bought flowers to give to the ladies there. Afterwards we went to Applebee's for lunch. The kids were very sweet and told me they loved me and said "Happy Mother's Day" all day long. I received many hand-picked flowers, drawings and cards as well. =) Here are a few pictures from lunch...

Haddon's Kindergarten graduation ceremony was great! There was a reception for the families at 6pm and the presentation/ceremony began at 7pm. We took a few pictures outside by the fountain before everything began. I didn't take pictures during the program because we sat in the back, but I'm hoping someone got a good picture of Haddon as the Gingerbread Man! The play was adorable! Below are pictures from the fountain, the reception, and after graduation with Pastor Sexton and Haddon's teacher, Mrs. Ewing.



Havana finished her last day of the 1st grade on the Friday following Haddon's graduaion. There was an awards ceremony that morning at which Havana was recognized as having the highest GPA (grade point average) in the first grade! CONGRATULATIONS HAVANA!! We are so proud of her hard work! Maybe she will be an Entamologist (see below!)

I hope you've enjoyed our update. We've been busy, but a good busy! Everyone's happy and doing well. Here are a few more pictures. Check back soon!

5 comments:

Goodmans in Mexico said...

What happy times for you! That is so wonderful. Haddon had a really special day, I'm sure! Sure would love to visit you guys sometime. We have been to Temple one time for a Wednesday evening service - but it was a very short visit. That place is so amazing! Thanks for checking our blog - oh - and I love the bug picture!!! I probably couldn't have even taken that picture. Have a great day!
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Great update...lots going on, huh? I hope my summer is calm...I'm pooped from all the stuff going on at the end of the year! Happy Summer Vacation!

Jennie Bender said...

Your family is so sweet. I love stopping by your blog. Have a wonderful summer!

The French Family said...

Congrats to Haddon and Havana - great work!!

John and Pamela Cabrera said...

Congratulations, Havana and Haddon! I'm glad I can keep up with families on their blogs - kids grow up so fast!