Monday, October 15, 2007

Pumpkin Patch & Happy Birthday to....ME!

The kids were off school last Monday so a few ladies got together and met at The Fruit and Berry Patch: http://www.tnvacation.com/vendors/the_fruit_and_berry_patch/ We took a "hay" ride......where was the hay???? We jumped off and picked our own pumpkins from the patch before feeding the goats. It was a lot of fun for the kids. Even Hudson got a miniature pumpkin! We got back on the ride and they dropped us off at a corn maze that was made for kids. I had never been in one before so it was a new experience for me too. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, except poor Hudson. It was much warmer than we thought it would be and I think he was just hot and sticky like the rest of us. Overall it was a nice time. At the end the kids were given apple cider in a take home pumpkin cup and a Pumpkin Patch coloring book.


My 32nd birthday was on Friday. Normally I would have worked but we have to work one Saturday every 6 weeks or so. This Saturday (20th) is our scheduled time to work but I switched weekends since I'll be seeing my Dad (!!) this weekend. I had a normal day and in the evening we took a gift certificate to El Ray (Mexican) for dinner. We get gift certificates every once in a while from: http://restaurant.com/ If you've never tried that website, I encourage you to do so! We usually get $25 gift certificates for only $5! We've used these as gifts and for ourselves. At the end of our meal the servers came out with fried ice-cream and sang to me while making me wear a bright blue sombrero. The kids loved trying it on. Hey... maybe I could borrow it for the Missions Conference?? After dinner, we picked up a movie to watch with the kids at home. I had made rice krispy treats earlier so we enjoyed those during the movie. It was a fun family night!

On Saturday morning I worked from 8-1. It went quickly, although I froze the whole time! I don't know why they keep it so cold in there! It was great when I was expecting, but now... BRR! Our friend Tawny came over after she got off work so that Harley and I (and Hudson!) could go out. We had another gift certificate: for A Taste of Havana (authentic Cuban cuisine.) If you're here in TN, you need to try it! This was our second visit and we have enjoyed it both times. I recommend the Havana Pollo Tropicale and the Guanabana milkshake! We wanted to try the corn maze in Corryton after dinner but they had already closed the gates for the night at 9pm. I'm glad I called first! We stopped in at Kohl's and then returned home for the night. I had a great birthday weekend and I don't feel a bit older! (We stopped at the US Cellular store before going out and took this picture of Hudson...)


We have started helping in the nursing home ministry of our church. Harley preached the message this Sunday. I really enjoy going and the people are so sweet! Please pray for the residents of the Golden Living Center! The kids, and I, are especially fond of sweet Ruth (pictured below.) I believe she is 92 and a total sweetheart. She really likes Haddon! I haven't learned everyone's names yet, but I did meet a lady named Marcel also. We'll be back next week for our third Sunday there.


The kids looked really cute on Sunday (they ALWAYS look cute) so I snapped some pictures before church.



I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Come visit again!

9 comments:

Grammie's Gleanings said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly!!! 32, wow, you are getting on up there. Kristina's birthday was yesterday, so we all went out for lunch after church yesterday. It was fun. We aren't able to all get together as a family very often, so I really enjoy those times. By the way, the blue sombrero really looks nice on you! I think you should invest in one.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, girl! It's nice to get to do something special on your birthday...so many times it just feels like any other day.

I've been trying to figure out where that pumpkin patch is...can you email me directions? And where is the picture of Hudson with his baby pumpkin??

ap

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kelly , Sounds like you had a great one !
your pics are cute ...
talk to you soon :)

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!
Looks like you had a fun day. The pumpkin patch sounds like alot of fun.

A {Perfectly} Pampered Mama said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly! Those are some great pics of the pumpkin patch!

Goodmans in Mexico said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day. Mexican food is a great choice! :) The pictures of your kids are very cute. God has really blessed you guys. It looks like you and I both have our hands very full!!!! Talk to you later.

Jeannie

momofmhasr said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!It looks like you had a great time. Your kiddies are always cute!

Tori Leslie said...

Wow, happy birthday Kelly!! 32, that's not old at all, two years younger than me so that's really young!
Looks like you had a wonderful time, enjoyed looking!

wilkersonhome said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly!

OH... these pictures made me miss the Fruit and Berry Patch. We used to go strawberry picking there and peaches... and blackberries and blueberries and plums... When we were home this past July, Matt took me there to get a fruit slushie! YUM! They have those all year, too!

Angela, the phone number is 922-BERRY for a recording of what's ripe and directions. :)