I have been wanting to make my first homemade apple pie for a while now and finally did it this morning! The girls woke up shortly after I had made the pie crust so they watched and helped me with the rest. The house smelled so good while it was baking. I want a taste, but I am (not so) patiently waiting for my whole family to enjoy it together this evening.
Someone will have to teach me the trick to making perfect pie crust.

Helene handed me the apples, while Hayley kept guard over the ones I had already peeled.

Almost ready for the oven!
Ready to bake!
Ready to eat! I'll let you know how it is! By the way, if you haven't seen my cakes, take a look... http://kellyscakesandmore.blogspot.com/
And don't miss Hayley's ice-cream slideshow below! She was a riot last night!
7 comments:
That looks delish! What are the white things in the pie?
It was awesome!! They are dots of butter. :)
My goodness, that looks delicious! I remeber baking my first apple pie when Mark and I were dating. I was taking cooking class and we learned about baking pies. Wonderful memories....wonderful eating! I am dieting right now...that will have to wait!
That pie looks great. Good job Kelly!
I don't have your email address, but I did respond to your comment on my blog. :o)
ap
Hello Kellie,
I found your blog and couldn't believe how much the kids have grown. The new one is a cutie! The pie looks delicious, and it looks like you have lots of great helpers!
www.canadianchronicles.blogspot.com
I had to buy some Granny Smiths after viewing your post! :) My family loves Sour Cream Apple Pie with Crumb Topping out of the Betty Crocker Cookbook. :)
Post a Comment